Importing multiple data file (XLS/CSV) in ServiceNow Tables
With our scheduled script each data Source have their Scheduled Import Set to import the data in file attachment to the targeted table.
- In ServiceNow, when multiple files attached to the Data Source and Scheduled Data Import executed the first attached file data is imported in the targeted table.
- Other files are not considered while doing the data transform.
- We have more than files coming from email and need to import in the tables.
- In this case what we have done is, we have used the Parent Data Source and the number of child Data Sources that can actually hold the single attachment.
- Here, we have written as Scheduled Script that actually gets the attachments from Parent Data Source and attaches corresponding attachments to the Child Data Sources.
- Then, each Data Source have their Scheduled Import Set to import the data in the Service Now targeted tables.
Client has more than a file in email attachment and corresponding data is imported in the tables, so as to correct reports values are populated from the tables.