A Chinese multinational group that ventures in consumer electronics, automobiles, film, and other businesses.
Needed to localize their Mobile Operating System into 11 Indian Languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu) with day to day and easier to understand friendly language in a time-frame of three months.
- Translating into 11 different languages – 544,000 words, in a period of three months.
- Selecting suitable translators for all the languages.
- Making linguists familiar with the OS and platforms to be used.
- Constant quality checks.
- Identify and onboard suitable translators having good translation knowledge and flair for technology.
- Develop precise Style Guide and Glossary to maintain uniformity and consistency.
- Familiarize linguist with OS which needs to be translated.
- Perform continuous translation and review cycles followed by testing, bug logging and fixing.
- In some cases, resizing of UI component was required since Indian Language text takes more space on screen as compared to English text.
- Linguists were provided with the images of the OS for context reference so that they understood where exactly would the translated content be placed.
- Continuous monitoring of quality and sharing feedback.
Using previous mobile OS translation experience, project management best practices, and continuous monitoring, Fidel was able to deliver translations for all 11 languages on time, starting with Hindi.